• Who is eligible to hire an MDW?

    To hire an MDW, you must be 21 years old and above, must not be an undischarged bankrupt and must have the mental capacity to fully understand and discharge the responsibility as an employer.

    MOM will also consider your financial ability to hire, maintain and upkeep the MDW in an acceptable accommodation.

    To find out more, please visit: https://www.mom.gov.sg/passes-and-permits/work-permit-for-foreign-domestic-worker/eligibility-and-requirements/employer-requirements

  • What is foreign worker levy and what are rates?

    As an employer, you do not have to pay Central Provident Fund (CPF) contributions for your helper. However, you must pay a monthly levy for her.

    If your helper is a first-time MDW, the levy will begin on the 5th day of her arrival (including the arrival date). Otherwise, the levy will begin the next day after she arrives. The levy ends when the Work Permit is cancelled or expires.

    To find out the latest levy rates, please visit: https://www.mom.gov.sg/passes-and-permits/work-permit-for-foreign-domestic-worker/foreign-domestic-worker-levy/paying-levy

  • How do I pay the levy?

    You must pay the levy via General Interbank Recurring Order (GIRO).
    The levy for each month will be deducted from your bank account on the 17th of the following month (or the next working day if it falls on a weekend or public holiday).

    Your helper’s Work Permit will be revoked, if you don’t pay the full levy on time.

    If you need to pay levy using other methods, you must pay the levy for each month by the 14th of the following month.

  • Is a medical examination required for a domestic worker prior to deployment?

    The MDW need to pass a medical examination by a Singapore-registered doctor within 2 weeks of her arrival in Singapore.

    Her Work Permit will only be issued if she passes the medical examination.

    Otherwise, she will have to be sent home.

    The medical examination screens the helper for 4 types of infectious disease (tuberculosis, HIV, syphilis and malaria) and checks if she is fit to work.

    During your MDW’s employment, you must send her for a medical screening every six months.

  • What are the insurance requirements for MDW?

    You need to buy medical and personal accident insurance for your helper.

    Before your helper arrives in Singapore, you must buy medical insurance and personal accident insurance as part of your medical obligations to her.

    Medical insurance with coverage of at least $60,000 per year for inpatient care and day surgery during your helper’s stay in Singapore. Co-payment of 75% by insurers and 25% by employers for claim amounts above $15,000.

    Personal accident insurance with a minimum coverage of $60,000 for your helper.

    This is to protect your helper and her family by providing a lump sum compensation if she suffers from permanent disability or passes away due to an accident.

    The compensation must be made payable to your helper or her beneficiaries.

  • Who is eligible for levy concession?

    As an MDW employer, you can get a concessionary rate if you live with any eligible person who is a Singapore citizen and is a young child below 16 years old, elderly person who is at least 67 years old, or person with disabilities (PWD).

    The levy concession for 1 MDW is granted based on 1 eligible person in the household.

    It is capped at 2 MDWs per household. When you are no longer eligible for levy concession or your number of helpers changes, the levy rate may be adjusted. The new rate takes effect immediately.

    To find out how to apply for the levy concession, please visit: https://www.mom.gov.sg/passes-and-permits/work-permit-for-foreign-domestic-worker/foreign-domestic-worker-levy/levy-concession

  • What is a security bond?

    A security bond is a binding pledge to pay the government (up to $5000) if you break the law or the conditions governing the employment of a helper.

    You are required to post a security deposit (bond) of $5,000 for every helper you employ unless she is a Malaysian.

    Bonds usually take the form of insurance. The insurers guarantee to pay the government should you break the rules; then the insurers pursue you for the money.

  • How does our 50% refund of agency fee work?

    If your hired maid works for less than 6 months, we will give you a 50% refund of the agency fee. However, please note the following conditions:

    1) The maid should work for at least one month
    2) The helper will be placed with agency for 21 days to find a new employer. During this time, you are not required to pay her salary, but MOM levy is still payable.
    3) We will charge $35 a day for the helper's food and lodging until she finds a new employer or until the 21 days are up.
    4) If the helper is unable to find a new employer, you will transfer the helper under agency.
    5) You should not break any MOM employment regulations.

    Rest assured, we aim to provide you with the best possible service and the most suitable maid for your needs. In the unlikely event that you are not satisfied with your maid, we will still show you our available helpers and give you the choice to stay with us or source a replacement from another agency.

  • What is the hiring timeline for overseas new maids?

    1. Shortlist and interview potential helpers before selecting the right one for you.
    2. Place a deposit payment of $500 to confirm your selection.
    3. In-principle approval application takes about 7 working days, provided the helper has a valid passport.
    4. You may then arrange for the helper's arrival date, which should be no earlier than 10 days from the approval date.
    5. Purchase insurance and security bond for your new helper.
    6. On the arrival date, the helper will undergo a medical examination, serology test, MOM thumbprint and photo registration, and attend a Settling-in Programme (SIP) if it's their first time working in Singapore.
    7. The next day, you will receive official handover of your new helper at your residence. Service balance and placement loan must be paid in full.

  • What is the hiring timeline for transfer maids?

    1) Shortlist and interview potential helpers before selecting the right one for you.
    2) Place a deposit payment of $500 to confirm your selection.
    3) In-principle approval application takes about 7 working days
    4) Purchase insurance and security bond for your new helper.
    5) Once MOM receives your insurance and security bond (around 3 days work days). Handover of your helper at your residence can be arrange on the same day. Service balance and placement loan must be paid in full.

Convenient and Affordable Maid Placement Services

Quick Contact